What is Edge Collective?
Edge Collective is a distributed R&D, teaching, and training cooperative working to help individuals and communities increase the capacity of their vital food, water, energy, and communications infrastructure to adapt to changing environmental conditions.
Our work aims to enhance local technological sovereignty (autonomy, control) while also promoting global technological solidarity (collaboration, mutual aid).
What we do ...
We work to accomplish our mission by:
- Developing free and open source designs -- software, hardware, mechanical
- Retro-fitting / repairing / enhancing existing infrastructure
- Offering workshops, teaching and training (videos, online documentation, remote or in-person meet-ups)
Recently we've been focused on:
- Off-grid farming -- monitoring soil moisture, greenhouse temperature);
- Flood mitigation -- designing flood alert systems for coastal or urban municipalities (sent via email / sms / satellite modem);
- Water quality -- salinity monitoring to mitigate saltwater contamination of freshwater sources, and to support oceanographic research;
- Conservation ecology -- assessing the impact of climate change on various vulnerable species (e.g. diamond back terrapins)
Designs, Projects, Workshops, Software, Hardware ...
You can find all of our code and hardware designs online here. (Not all of it is very well-documented -- sorry, we're working on it :))
Let's Work Together!
We are dedicated to creating opportunities for developing and sharing useful knowledge & helping others to do the same. We'd love to hear from you!
- If you'd like to collaborate on a project, or would like us to design or build something for you, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you'd like to help provide funding, you can use our Open Collective account. Thank you!